The Smart Case
The Smart Case is all about using good judgment and common sense to find the most efficient solutions. This means avoiding expensive tactics and emotionally-driven battles whenever possible. Knowing the other attorneys and professionals involved is also key. The Smart Case relies on a shrewd assessment of the issues, realities, and agendas involved to determine the best approach to get through the process and succeed in reaching your goals.
Strong case strategies and positive results come from many years of practice. Our twenty-five years of Family Law experience means helps us anticipate potential problems and expenses in your case and the steps we can take to deal with them. Our office policies include:
- We provide a free initial consultation for potential clients who find us through our website.
- We always provide you with copies of all correspondence between us and the court or other attorneys involved in the case.
- We realize that not every case requires depositions, subpoenas, or other techniques that increase legal fees, and we won’t pursue them without express need to do so.
- We do not charge for postage, photocopies, faxes, or notarizations.
- When appropriate, my legal assistant, Brandy McKenzie, will assist in the processing of your documents and scheduling, talking with you directly about the details of how you want things to be done. This saves you money by having some areas of case management handled for you at a lower billed rate.
- We will seek your input on any pleadings we draft for your case.
- We will help you evaluate a variety of options and assess long-term implications when faced with issues such as parenting time, spousal support, and property division.
The Smart Case is designed to leave you with a sense of accomplishment and self-respect once your case is completed.